Features and Application
• The Sondex multistage freshwater distiller is based
on the utilization of waste heat basically used where
high production is required, and the energy available
• The Sondex multistage unit is therefore only
consuming about the energy of the single-stage
• The typical applications are off-shore rigs, passenger
ships, hotels and other places where the waste heat
is limited or expensive to create.
• The Sondex multistage units have been specially
designed and fully scale tested, before introduction
to the market, in order to secure a stable and
reliable production with long service intervals, and
production of very pure fresh water with low
• The Sondex multistage units are today covering a
capacity range from 50 to 500 tons/day. Therefore
we can offer our customers an economical and
technical solution which is far superior to any other
evaporators on the market.
• The Sondex multistage unit is remarkable on many
points and is also based on the specially designed
"vertical tube" design plates resulting in excellent
water distribution with no disturbing contact points in
the boiling stage. Thus the water scaling is very low.
• The Sondex multistage unit operates fully
automatically according to given water flow and
pressures, and requires a minimum of supervision.
• Steam can also be used as the heat source instead
of the hot jacket water.